Old 26-06-2009, 01:18 AM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishshooter
its banned in the rep of ireland.... so i did get my facts right

In the UK ephedrine is Schedule VI, which is prescription only, but is legal to possess (i.e. gps dont prescribe it for weight loss purposes). Your also missing my point again, and you should really take your time reading my posts as i do yours. I never once said Ephedrine wasnt in any other form of medicine, I stated that it is harmful to use drugs for a purpose not of which they are intended to be used. Asthma sufferers use inhalers as a preventative or in a relief application, while they are using a compound that has side effects the risk is outweighed by the benefits gained...

you should really do a spell check before you post, it looks really bad when your trying to construct an argument

one of many articles worldwide

Ephedrine, the active ingredient found in popular diet pills, over-the-counter allergy medications, herbal energy boosters, sport drinks and herbal asthma remedies, has been linked with serious side effects and injuries including stroke, heart attack and death. Originating from the Ephedra plant, ephedrine has been advertised as a time-tested Chinese herb (ma huang) that will relieve asthma and allergy symptoms as well as enhance athletic performance and weight loss. More recently, the ma huang/ephedrine herb has been identified as a dangerous ingredient in many well-known household medications.

Ephedra has been used by millions of American consumers for decades with no knowledge of its serious side effects. As an over the counter herbal supplement, ephedrine is not regulated by the FDA. However, over the past six years, the FDA has made recommendations to consumers that the maximum daily dosage of ephedrine not exceed 24 milligrams, that ephedrine not be consumed for more than one week, and that ephedrine supplements contain less than 8 milligrams per serving.

To date, the FDA has reported over 100 deaths and over 1000 serious side effects linked to Ephedra. Ephedrine has been frequently linked to episodes of anxiety, fever, vomiting, sleeplessness, migraines, memory loss, muscle injury, and high blood pressure. More seriousEphedra side effects include seizures, paranoid psychosis, convulsions, comas, heart arrhythmias heart attacks, intracranial bleeding, kidney disease, strokes and death.

The following symptoms and side effects have been associated with ephedra use:

insomnia
dry mouth
nervousness
general weakness
poor digestion
irritability
headache
dizziness
Additionally, these more serious side effects have been linked to ephedra use:

anxiety
fever
vomiting
memory loss
high blood pressure.
seizures
paranoid psychosis
comas
heart arrhythmias heart attacks
intracranial bleeding
kidney disease
strokes
death
Not gonna argue over this or anything just aint worth it but what i will say is look at leaflet that comes with ANY tabs bought over the counter and all the side effects you have mentioned are on those lists and ALOT more dependant on what you get

I know alot of people who have used Eph effectivly and im not talking 10/20 people here im talking into the hundreds thats not including the people online in forums etc.yes some people dont get on well with it but same can be said with any medication and yes i know its not exactly medication were talking about but its the only thing i can compare to,or can compare to recreational drugs as you previously have stated some people dont get on with E's but are fine with coke etc etc etc

I think we should agree to disagree here as were not going to get anywhere here and were also ruining te OP's post and im only giving him advise on what he actually asked for not demeaning other people etc as you did in your first post