View Single Post
Old 23-06-2009, 10:38 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
Does anyone know if Petrol stations have the right to keep your card? I remember when mine wouldn't work and he said he was keeping it, even though I paid by other method. I was outraged and 'swiped' my card from behind the desk and left. I was later told I stole it. How can you steal what is yours?

Benni.
Card machines show up "Retain card" which not many places actually take the card and keep it due to confrontation. Shops get £50 for every one of these cards that get sent off.

Petrol stations should pay BEFORE filling up. We would just have to get used to it. It would stop people stealing the petrol, end of. Put "Pay at Pump" machines like Tesco and don't have a manned stations over night to save on staff.

People say petrol stations are the worst for cloning cards, but I personally have a debit card which I will never use in a shop, online or anything. Yet I use my credit card all the time. I would rather someone clone my credit card and take the banks money, instead of using my debit card and letting them take my cash! I lost my bank card in a cash machine last week (Problem with cash point) so I moved all my money out of that account for 2 weeks to be safe (Ive heard people put something that stops cards being ejected from machines, which the Police confirmed when I reported this to them in case of fraud and I cancelled the card straight away).

My question is.... If they stop 100% of petrol theft would they reduce the price of petrol by any amount?? Like fuck will they...