View Single Post
Old 24-05-2009, 10:14 AM
LINCOLN
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Done a few more things lately - engine is almost dome too!!

Found this awesome product - it is called DupliColour Metal Cast - if you dont know you cannot colour anodise cast alluminium successfully dependant on amount of silicone in the casting. I really wanted my rocker cover to match the red that is on my aeroquip fittings. The Metal Cast is a high temp (500degF) epoxy paint in a spray can - it is a two part process - first a base coat that makes the rocker cover look like it has been freshly cast and then the top colour coat that is semi tranparent.

Check it. Have not machined the top yet.

The depth of colour is excellent and I will give it another coat - the photos do not do it justice - it looks almost candy without looking plasticy and matches the aeroquip well. They have a charcoal colour aswell I have ordered it to paint all my tanks - will keep you updated when I paint.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalcast.html

Made some bracketry for the fuel reg and supply t piece. Dash 8 in and out - two dash 6 in and out.

I am going to reanodise the purple - it is the only colour you can get these regs in and I will relocate the pressure transducer to the reg.

Started figuring out the twin pumps and fuel rails.

The other stupid thing that I have done is that always loved the BBS wheels that have the bolts on the outside. But the old grpa ones the bolt is on the inner of the rin. So sourced some grade 8 stainless bolts that I had to die nut the thread to the shoulder (absolute bastard) and then k-nuts on the other side. Looks better but no heads so probably should not have bothered.

Last edited by LINCOLN; 24-05-2009 at 10:17 AM.