View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:48 AM
LINCOLN
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has been a long time since I have updated this thread. I finally got a leave pass from the wifer to spend a couple of days on the car. I have been meaning to do this for the last year.

Paul and myself jumped in to tackle the cage.

Here are some pics. I thought the camera was OK but the flash was shit - will get some better ones soons but was so excited that something was done so wanted to show you all. It is hard to spot all the bars so will take some better ones. Also scraped all the deadening out of the car which was a total bastard. Wax and grease remover (prepsol) works well though! The brown stuff in not rust (mostly dirt, dust and deadener glue).

It is not finished yet as we have not done the second front strut bars, harness bars and seat mounts and is only tacked together at the moment. Also need to put a fair few more gussets in it.

I should probably tell you a bit more about the spec for it. Having a baby and really busy at work means buying stuff is all the work I have done on the car for a while. Car started as a 60K mile white 3 door in very good condition. Been in Aussie for last 15 years so no rust at all.

Car was so good it feels like I have rewitten the book on "How to devalue a car by spending money on it"!

Engine;

Pectel t2 with new engine loom.
New 200 block with 6 long studs.
New old stock late sapphire head ported to 280hp NA.
7.2:1.
WRC gasket.
T4 maram turbo from CR turbo's with maram shaft and wheel.
RS500 plenum with 8 fluro greens.
Cams??
Standard rods, crank.
Mongoose exhaust.
Gen RS500 cooler.
Forge Motorsports alloy stuff.

Suspension and drivetrain;

Leda coilovers.
6 degree beam.
adjustable top mounts with adjustable TCA's.
Centrelock conversion.
Solid alloy beam bushes.
Solid rack bushes.
8.8 eaton posi carbon rear diff 3.6 ratio.
Tremec TKO600 with hydraulic release.
Custom 1350 prop.

Brakes;

355 up front with 6 pot billet calipers.
330 rear with 4 pot billt calipers.
Bias pedal box.

Wheels;
17 x 8 BBS mag centrelocks.
18 x 8 OZ mag centrelocks.

Electrics;

Motec SDL.
Motec PDM.
Front screen with demister.

Other;
Creative carbon bonnet.
Carbon steering column shroud.
Carbon airbox.
Carbon sunroof panel.
Carbon mirror mounts with vitaloni mirrors.
Carbon door cards.
Carbon dash bits.
Gen RS500 splitter.

Will update with some more pics soon as I am finally going to start assembling it.

Last edited by LINCOLN; 08-01-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Remembered some more bits.