View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 08:34 PM
ickey818
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Phil2002
I have a G4 Concept 600 fitted to my Cosworth which I had installed in 2003 by Imperial Securities in Birmingham. When I first brought the car in 1998 I had a Clifford Concept 50 X fitted but like you say these weren't very good and it failed after 5 years. Haven't had any issue's with my Concept 600 untill recently when the alarm kept randomly going off. I have brought a Cliffnet Wizard kit for my laptop which has confirmed that the tilt sensor is what has triggered the alarm the last few times it has gone off.

I'm sure that when I last took my centre console out there was a small black box on top of the tunnel so I guess this is the tilt sensor? will have another look at the weekend. I have already checked the footwell lights and the boot light all of which are going out okay. Haven't checked the stereo yet but will disconnect this and see if it makes any difference.

Have been looking on e-bay to see roughly how much a new tilt sensor would be in case I have to buy a new one. I can only find a tilt sensor suitable for the latest G5 generation Clifford's do you know if one of these will work okay with my G4 system? Do you have any recommendations on the best place to fit a tilt sensor on a Cosworth?