View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 04:06 PM
ickey818
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right, I charged the battery last night and re-fitted it to the car today. Battery voltage after charging last night was 13.2 volts across the terminals. Re-connected the positive leads to the battery then set my volt meter to amps and connected it between the negative battery post and the various negative leads which I had bolted together. The reading on the volt meter jumped to 0.45 amps and then kept spiking to around 0.65-0.75 amps and would not settle down to a constant level.

I have 3 leads on my negative battery terminal, two small round connectors and one large rectangular connector, I only get a reading on the volt meter when I connect it between the large rectangular connector and the battery, can anyone tell me what this lead earths? Is it just the starter motor or is it the main earth lead for the whole vehicle? If it is the main earth lead then how do I go about pin pointing the faulty circuit?

Checked the battery voltage when the engine is idling and it reads bang on 14 volts so the alternator seems okay.