View Single Post
Old 25-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has been sorted.

i was out for a hour playing with the boost on Sunday night with Ben.

The boost controll/duty hadn't been touched by Harvey, and once it touched 1.2 bar, it was hitting its over boost, but i felt as strong at 1 bar as it did before the rebuild @ 1.7/1.5 bar.
And as Harvey had set the defi alarm to 1 bar, we decided to put it back down to what it was till he speak to Harvey or Mike.

Anyway Mike spoke to Ben yesterday morning, and said Harvey hadn't touched the map, and was Happy to let it run at full boost.

So Ben come round for me to give it a check over and sort the boost.

Out come,

A few small boost leaks @ unions on inlet, throttle bodie, then a couple of larger leaks @ the compressor housing, and it was pissing out from under the inlet, which ended up being a pipe tee'd off the Defi Boost gauge to for something that wasn't fitted anymore, which was left off when the engine was refitted.

So basically the defi gauge feed, was being bleed off, so when it was reading 0.8 bar, the car was actually boosting 1.4-1.5 bar, which explains why it was hitting the over boost at anything above 1.2 bar.

So either later on or tomorrow, i'll be going out to set the boost, and fuel/det check it, so its ready for Bens track outing @ Dono on the 27th