View Single Post
Old 25-05-2007, 07:09 AM
- Sim -
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AJB
Got some new vibra-technics engine mounts
Just need some advice on the best way to fit them.
I have a small turbo with A/C and its a bugger to get to the bolts under the inlet manifold
quite easy work

put a car lift under the oil pan with a piece of wood, put it up, so that the engine moves some mm, not much, just a bit.

uk drivers side:

open the "big" nut on the engine mount, then unscrew the 4 screws fitted to the engine arm at the block, and unscrew the 2 engine mount screws on the lower power steering and so on assist. put the new mount in and then first one done.

uk passenger side:
open the big nut on the top of the mount, and then the problem starts, lift the engine up as much as possible. the engine arm can be unbolted too, but this will be pain in the ar** work, as the oil filter arm goes straight before it. so I left mine in place.

With a bit moving the stock mount can be taken out.

the new vibra mount has a big screw in it, untighten it, so that the part above the rubber will be shorter. If you did this, the mount will fit in place and you can start to tighten the big screw. the alloy plate where the engine arm will lay on, will be holded by the engine itself, so you can tighten the big screw problemles.

lower the engine and tighten all things - job done.

everything done:

i did this on 17th of may and now my drive shaft problems are gone, the car feels totally different.

these are the old and one new: