View Single Post
Old 23-04-2006, 03:14 PM
sexr3i
isn't it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never blocked it off, dont see the point tbh, why would u want it to not breather as well as standard? i think zvh conversions block it off, but im sure they have their own reasons for that. probly exhaust/turbo clearance issues?

yeah you just get a shorter belt, it's not a ford belt though so i ended up using a couple of different ones from motor factors before xr4x4rs off here found me the part number for one that fitted.

you're running the zetec on your old cvh management? will need setting up you know, mfi or efi?

you can get an ashley exhaust manifold that will bolt up to your system, or do what i did and just cut the flanges off and sleeve the new manifold to your system.

Zetec clutch works fine, and my one looked a fair bit beefier than my mk4 clutch. flywheel should be fine too, it's just the 130 spec flywheels that need changing for a 105/eficvh etc.

I've got a diagram of the cooling pipework mods you'll need too. Keep us posted

Originally Posted by Moondust_crust
[

to be honest im not wanting to do a complete rebuild i juat want to make sure its all ok before i slot it in place, its had no problems in the past its a good runner, when i drained the oil it came out clean to looks like its been looked after (or just had a change) can i block the hole is the block off and just use the breather off the rocker cover?

so basically with the pulleys i can just junk the pas pump at the top and run the bottom the way they are (with a shorter belt), is it true the belt can catch on the inside wing?

engine mounts im ok with and inlet side of things cus im using the inlet off a xr3i cvh with one of jano's plates, exhaust im a bit worried about, someone said a st170 one will fit but im not sure about that,

and what about clutch and flywheel, i take it i need a mk4 clutch, but can use the zetec flywheel as it has the cutouts for the sensor?

cheers in advance your a star!