Old 02-12-2005, 03:07 PM
princedanger
Alias Matt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big power cossie, which turbo/injection setup??

Ah, my first delve into the world of the all knowing Passionford People! Have owned and thrashed my cossie for the last 10 years, and have always known pretty well how to go about upgrading and fixing it, however I now find myself at a crossroads, and thats where you guys come in. Hopefully you can offer some advice and opinions on the way forward.....

Okay, here is the deal. Just dropped my new 200 block, and old head off at Julian Godfreys for big power machining work. The upshot of this should see me picking up a rally spec head, inc. big valves, and BD15's etc etc. This will be bolted onto the new 200 block which is being machined for Nickersil liners, oil squirt jets, long stud conversion etc, to be run with group A pistons, and arrows rods. Phew, that bit wasn't hard, but what I'm not sure about is how to go forward with the fuelling and turbo??

Many people seem to favour the T66 turbos with standard wastegate setup, but I've seen a fair few with the jap turbos on, ie GT30 or GT35. I know this means external wastegate systems in most cases, but what are the pros and cons with these turbos?

Secondly, (and I think this will be something of an opinion based answer from most) is it worth shelling out for an 8 injector setup and a level 8 ecu, or should I go for enormous injectors ladelling the fuel in by the bucketload, and save up for one of the aftermarket ecu's which can be played with live?? (Autronic is one thats been recommended)

Finally, I hear that SECS are doing their own setups with 8 injectors, and new ecu's. Does anybody have any info about this?

I'm aiming for 500bhp+

In case its important, this is going in an '89 2wd saph, so still have standard ecu at the moment.

Thanks for your help guys.
Matt.

Also, nearly forgot, can anyone explain to me about air injectors, and recommend a dealer for them.
CheeRS